Health and safety Policy
The objective of this policy is to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of Maintel employees whilst they are at work; and to provide appropriate safeguards for others who may be affected by our business activities, so far as is reasonably practicable by applying positive control standards and provision of information, training and supervision as needed.
- To co-operate with any holder of Health and Safety Duties (contractors, other employers working at our premises, and other employers when working at their workplaces) as far as is necessary to enable performance of ours and their duties.
- Not to intentionally or recklessly, interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of Health and Safety.
It is Maintel policy to ensure that the Board Members are committed to measuring and eliminating as far as is reasonably practicable the number of accidents and dangerous occurrences by controlling the Health and Safety risks arising from our work activities.
This will be achieved by complying with all relevant legislation and associated codes of practice and to promote a safety culture.
- Providing the necessary financial and human resource to ensure as far as is reasonably practicable the health, safety and welfare of all employees and visiting personnel;
- Safety within the Company will be given standing equal to other activities of the business
- The Company will appoint Competent person/s to assist the Company Directors in implementing this Policy
- The Safety Managers role is to provide independent and authoritative advice to Managers with individual responsibilities for Health and Safety.
- Our Health & Safety Management System is maintained by a schedule of internal audits carried out by competent internal auditors.
- To ensure continual improvement and create a culture of preventative action in all activities undertaken within Maintel
Maintel set, monitor, achieve and review measurable objectives for the maintenance and improvement of its Health & Safety Management System. The ultimate forum for this will be the Management Review.
By implementing the Health & Safety Management system into Maintel we ensure compliance with the OHSAS 18001:2007 Health & Safety Management System.
If you require any further information please contact our Health and Safety Officer.