JOB TITLE: Group Management Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Group Finance
LOCATION: London Office
Job Purpose Statement:
To assist the Group FC with the timely production of accurate monthly group financial reporting, including Board packs, statutory reporting (Interim and Annual audit), Holding company financial accounting, group cash management and other ad hoc reporting requirements.
- Financial accounting for the Holding company, including monthly preparation of Holding Company management accounts, accruals, prepayments and interest calculations, and weekly bank reconciliation using the company ERP – Access Dimensions.
- Preparation of the monthly group consolidation on excel using trial balance as supplied by the local finance team, including ownership of group financial control checks and intercompany analysis.
- Preparation of the monthly group management accounts dashboards, including group profit and loss / balance sheet, KPI’s, cash flow and working capital analysis.
- Collect and create information for the monthly Statutory and Operations Board pack slides.
- Group Cash Management: Production of the weekly rolling group cash summary and reconciliation, analysis of receipts and payments, using excel and company accounting system.
- Group accounts receivable forecast preparation and monthly debtor metrics summary.
- Ad-hoc Sales force reporting.
- Group Audit – Annual and interim – Segmental analysis of revenues, margins and overhead, intercompany trading analysis, analysis for working capital commentaries, notes to the group financial statements – including collection of relevant data from the subsidiaries, reconciliation of management accounts to the financial statements, proof reading of financial statements.
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter and planner.
- Strong Analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to spot and investigate problems quickly and efficiently.
- Highly proficient in MS excel (not macros), with the ability to work with large amounts of data, extracted from multiple sources, ability to synthesise data efficiently and summarise clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work quickly through reconciliations.
- Prioritisation of tasks and flexibility, time management.
- Ability to explain and extract information from colleagues in the finance and non-finance departments throughout the business.
- Exposure to accounting packages, ideally Access Dimensions.
- MS PowerPoint skills.
- Professional approach, robust character, ability to work with others.
- Solid double entry accounting and financial accounting knowledge. Group accounting knowledge desirable.
- QBE or part qualified accountant as a minimum.
- Group accounting desirable.
- Cash management.
- Strong education to ‘A’ level standard or equivalent.
- Some form of accounting qualification (or QBE), qualified or part qualified accountant.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.