What is our gender pay gap?
Under new legislation all UK organisations with 250 employees or more must now report the following gender pay gap information on an annual basis:
- The mean gender pay gap
- The median gender pay gap
- The mean gender bonus gap
- The median gender bonus gap
- The proportion of men and women who received bonuses
- The number of men and women according to quartile pay bands.
The gender pay gap gives us a view of the difference in average earnings across our organisation. The gender pay gap is different to equal pay, which is about the right for women and men to be paid equally for equal work. Maintel is an equal pay employer, so where we have men and women doing the same job or in roles of equivalent value we pay them at the same rate. For example a male Sales Account Manager is paid the same rate as a female Level 2 Engineer and all Service Assurance Co-ordinators both male (five) and female (six) are paid exactly the same rate as they do the same job.