With enterprise security becoming an increasingly challenging issue for businesses of all shapes and sizes, Maintel is pleased to announce the opening of its state-of-the-art Security Operations Centre.
Complementing Maintel’s existing Network Operations Centre at our Burnley premises, the SOC facility is the latest in a number of recent moves by Maintel to ensure that our customers continually receive first-class support for their Maintel-delivered security products and services.
The opening of the SOC will bolster our ongoing efforts to ensure 100% compliance to the regulatory requirements around our services, and offer an extra line of defence against security threats with cutting-edge technology and systems to proactively minimise cyber-threat exposure to Maintel customers around the clock.
Our security capabilities pre-empt attacks before they are able to infiltrate a customer’s environment, sending alerts 24 hours a day, seven days a week when security events affect an environment. Maintel’s real-time managed security platform enables customers to stay up-to-date with the latest threats and signature updates, and enables us to interrogate our specialist security partners’ cyber-threat intelligence centre to respond to the alerts that really matter.
Services provided at the SOC for Maintel customers include:
- Active response by a dedicated security incident response team to address threats and intrusion attempts before they infiltrate your IT systems
- A proactive alert service for all threats, breaches, malware and DDoS attacks across data, internet, and ICON-hosted IPT and call center for PCI-DSS customers
- Incident hunting, proactive detection and log review/management
- Centralised real-time event analysis for improved incident handling and event correlation, 24x7
- Log review and management to identify potential breaches and vulnerabilities
- Patch management service, in accordance with ISO27001 and PCI-DSS requirements
Maintel’s SOC aims to underpin our longstanding, independently-certified cyber safety accreditations. You can discover more about these here.
We work closely with our partner Fortinet to provide best-in-class security solutions to Maintel customers with ICON Secure and our managed security services from the cloud.
FortiGuard Lab, Fortinet’s threat research team consists of more than 200 expert researchers and analysts around the world. The researchers work with world class, in-house developed tools and technology to discover and study breaking threats. They then update the security services to protect against those threats.
In their latest research, they report on the full scope of threats facing your organisation.
On behalf of Maintel Fortinet:
- Block 240,000 malicious website access each minute
- Neutralise 60,000 malware programs each minute
- Resist 375,000 network intrusion attempts every minute
- Discover 375 zero day threats every day
Snapshot of the activities performed by FortiGuard Labs in their latest Threat Landscape Report based on Q1 2017.