The following committees deal with specific aspects of the Group's affairs:
The audit committee is chaired by Nicholas Taylor with John Booth being the other member. Eddie Buxton and Dale Todd (who acts as secretary to the committee) attend meetings as appropriate, as do the external auditors.
The remit of the committee is to:
- Consider the continued appointment of the external auditors, and their fees.
- Liaise with the external auditors in relation to the nature and scope of the audit.
- Review the financial statements and any other financial announcements issued by the Company.
- Review any comments and recommendations received from the external auditors.
- Review the Company's statements on internal control systems and the policies and proces for identifying and assessing business risks and the management of those risks by the Company.The audit committee convenes at least twice a year.
The remuneration committee is chaired by Nicholas Taylor, its other member being John Booth. The committee meets at least once a year. The committee's report to shareholders on directors' remuneration is set out on page 22 of the 2013 Annual Report.
The nomination committee has two members, both non-executive, and is comprised of John Booth, chairman, and Nicholas Taylor. The committee meets as required under the terms of its remit.
The committee's remit includes:
- Regularly reviewing the structure, size and composition of the board.
- Identifying and nominating suitable candidates to fill vacancies on the board.