JOB TITLE: Warehouse Manager
Job Purpose Statement:
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for running an effective and efficient warehouse team to deliver excellent service to internal and external customers.
To maintain and manage the control of all non-fixed assets at the various stores locations across the UK. To ensure that Maintel has the correct stock items and quantities to support its 24x 7 service operation whilst minimising the cost.
To provide day to day management of the Logistics staff based in Haydock, and to provide an interface into the other Maintel departments.
Maintel are a value added reseller of business telecommunications systems and the Warehouse is used to store customer equipment and Maintel service stock
To provide overall management and development of the logistics function including Ownership and responsibility for the Warehouse in Haydock to include:
- Ensure that all inbound stock is checked allocated to the correct locations and any anomalies or damage are identified
- Ensure all stock movements out of the Warehouse prior to despatch are accurately controlled
- Maintain stock inventory to ensure shelf to system accuracy
- Ensure all stock is kept safe, secure and in good condition
- Ensure returns are processed and are dealt with in accordance with current guidelines
- Be responsible for a network of remote stock locations in the UK and Europe managed by a 3rd Parry
- Laisse with booked an ad hoc Couriers as required
- Monitor service ticket queues for items that require action within an SLA
- Communicate with employees and customers for Service stock requirement, deliveries and returns
- Manage 3rd party repair agents monitoring cost and quality
- Ensure appropriate stock items and levels are maintained across all stock locations
- Manage courier costs
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations at all times
- Maintain a clean and tidy and environment for the team to work in
- Responsible for ensuring the physical security of the warehouse
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction
- Manage and motivate the team
Your performance will be based on the following criteria:
- Work within budgets at all times. Advise of any changes with detailed reasons.
- Ensure that suppliers give us the best possible deals and monitor monthly reports and highlight/action all concerns. Attend regular meetings to discuss and improve procedures.
- All stock items must be clearly labelled and placed in bin locations
- Maintain minimum levels of stock including consumable items and control the repairs cycle to avoid unnecessary purchasing of new products.
- Keep the stores environment clean and tidy at all times and adheres to all standards.
This list is not exhaustive and will change and be added to as the logistics Team develops.
Special Working Conditions:
- 5 days a week Monday to Friday
- Inclusion on a call rota for out of hours cover
- General Warehouse and Office environment
- Requirement to lift and carry heavy items
- A full current UK driving license is required
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Abilities
- Have previous experience of working in a supervisory or management role within a Warehouse environment
- Have a “can do “ attitude
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills with the ability to effectively manage orders
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- IT skills and experience, MS Word and Excel at intermediate level
- Have a forklift operative license
- Be able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Basic understanding of business telecoms and mobile technology industry
- Good understanding of customer driven SLA requirements
- Production of reports and information from database packages
- Able to perform business math (basic algebra, compute rate, ratio, etc.)
- Education: A level / HNC level or above, degree level preferred.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.