JOB TITLE: Solution Design Specialist
LOCATION: Home Based
Role Overview & Purpose
The Solution Design Specialist’s primary role is to take responsibility for the overall high-level design of customer solutions and provide a trusted advisor relationship to key accounts.
- Customer requirements gathering and analysis
- High level solutions design for small or medium projects
- Technology demonstrations
- Technical ownership of bid responses
- Production of proposal/technical documentation, schematics, bill of materials etc
- Working as part of a team responding to RFP, ITT, RFI or very large transformation projects
- Provide support to the Project Management and professional services team during the project kick off cycle
- Act as customer liaison for future requirements
- Exceptionally strong customer facing skills
- A commercially aware, consultative approach to customer interaction
- A strong and developed ability to understand customers' business requirements and translate those in to a compelling technical solution
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to adapt to changing technologies
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable
- A thorough, Unified Communication, Collaboration and Contact Centre applications knowledge is required. Multi-vendor product knowledge is desirable in order to offer a true "Trusted Advisor" consultancy service. A high Microsoft Visio and Office suite competency is also essential.
An advanced understanding of the following technology area is required:
- At least 5 years of design experience with Avaya Enterprise Team Engagement (UC) and Avaya Customer engagement solution (CC) in an enterprise architecture model. Preferably a certified voice professional to APDS level.
An intermediate understanding of the following technology area is very desirable:
- TCP/IP, OSPF, MPLS, Switching, Routing
- Networking technologies: LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall, etc.
- IP Telephony Protocols (SIP, H323 etc.)
- Cloud Delivery models
Any understanding of the following technology/Service areas would also be advantageous:
- Legacy Nortel solutions: CS1000, Meridian, CallPilot, AACC (AML/MLS)
- Mitel MiVoice business or Cisco UCM
- Avaya IP Office
- Call recording and workforce management solutions applications, preferably Avaya WFO
- Virtualisation, experience with VMware/Hyper-V systems and software
- Managed Services definition and service wrap
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.