JOB TITLE: Software Developer - IPO
DEPARTMENT: Callmedia development
Job Purpose Statement:
To join a team of software developers working in an Agile environment to develop leading edge contact centre software.
The main product, Callmedia, is a multimedia blended contact centre product written using a range of technologies including C++, SQL, TSAPI, JTAPI, SIP and VoIP.
Immediate tasks will include development and maintenance of Callmedia switch driver for the AVAYA IP Office telephony platform. Further tasks associated with other parts of the Callmedia product set may also be assigned in the future depending on business needs.
Based on the overall account allocation for the relevant Enterprise team, you will be accountable for the following:
Callmedia SCRUM Team
- Daily Stand Up Meetings, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings
- Tim Cottee will be the manager for this role.
Other members of the development, PS and support teams
- Ad-Hoc meetings with to discuss technical product issues in new product development and relating to customer support issues
- Occasional direct customer contact when closely involved with projects.
- Consuming customer feedback about product feature requests and suggestions.
Other external contacts
- Some supplier contact particularly telephony vendors (Avaya, Mitel, Cisco etc) and other media processing organisations (eg Aculab)
The delivery and maintenance of the software components for the Callmedia suite. This is to include:
- Implementation of new features to Callmedia product range
- Maintenance of existing code
- Design and implementation of new software in line with the development plan.
- Delivery of high-quality code
- Testing of own and other colleagues code to ensure that the Callmedia solution is reliable.
- Ensuring compatibility of new and maintained code to the Callmedia API.
- Management of documentation including, but not limited to:
- Pre-installation requirements
- Product Configuration
- Trouble-shooting and problem determination
- Ensuring effective handover of product to QA team, Support, Professional Services.
- Provide 3rd Line Support on the products
- Attend Agile/SCRUM meetings
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Experience of developing Windows applications and DLLs using C++, ideally Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Communication Skills to enable effective teamwork
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of other languages such as C# and .Net would also be useful.
Job knowledge :
- Knowledge of development technologies, languages and methodologies.
- Knowledge of internal development processes.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, techniques and tools
- Working knowledge of one or more CTI protocols or APIs would be a considerable advantage
- Knowledge of Call Centre and Telecoms industry technologies would be an advantage
At least 3 years’ experience of commercial software development, preferably in a time-critical environment.
Degree or equivalent in computer science or a related discipline combined with several years of commercial software development experience.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.