ROLE: Service Desk Technician
The role will perform IT support to all internal Azzurri systems and services. The Service Desk Technician will track issues within a software ticketing package, and resolve or route calls/tickets as necessary, whilst providing excellent customer service.
The Technician is responsible for delivering end-to-end support in accordance with IT service level agreements. By partnering with end-users and technology groups, the specialist ensures all incidents are analysed, resolved, and reported back within the Service Level timeframes.
This is a demanding role with a requirement to work quickly and accurately, often independently and using your own initiative. There is interaction with all members of staff up to director level and a professional and confident approach is required.
Occasional weekend work and early morning/evening cover may be required.
The role requires occasionally lifting heavy objects.
Immediate Organisation Structure
The position reports to the Service Desk Team Leader and is part of the wider IT Department supporting the IT Operations, Systems and application infrastructure within Azzurri.
- Work alongside the rest of the IT team to understand scope of the support environment.
- Work closely with the rest of the IT team to implement innovative solutions.
- Maintain relationships with users and stakeholders outside of IT to ensure that IT are meeting the requirements of their customers
- Resolve first, second and third level tickets as appropriate, ensuring that tickets are closed accurately and efficiently. Some time may be spent answering calls directly on the Service Desk
- Document each support issue within the software ticketing package.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Document steps involved in software/hardware configuration and repair, for use within the Service Desk.
- Provide support for the use of business applications.
- Work in conjunction with the Service Desk Team Leader to evaluate and implement appropriate end-user computing tools and technologies.
- Assist other IT teams with regard to the support and installation of equipment etc.
- Perform workstation hardware set-up and imaging as well as any software installations as needed.
- Perform training to users where applicable (e.g. new user IT Inductions)
The Individual - Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Windows 7 administration skills
- Desktop/IT support experience
- Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting
- Management of user email accounts
- Asset management
- Windows Active Directory and/or Office365 experience
- Experience using and configuring a service desk ticketing system.
- A solid understanding of the concepts and processes involved with ITIL
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Excellent attention to detail
- A drive to learn and succeed
- Strong judgment / decision making skills
- Interfaces with users, technicians and management appropriately
- Ability to exhibit a collaborative style that promotes teamwork
- Demonstrates commitment by setting and achieving goals
- Has a cooperative and positive attitude.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to changes in responsibilities and duties
- Organised and structured
- Ability to write clear procedures
- Able to work accurately under pressure.
- Able to schedule work to meet deadlines
- Customer focused, with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor degree in related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- Excellent technical and IT customer support experience
- Requires experience of working within a support team
- Superior technical analysis skills
- In-depth knowledge of Windows operating system technologies & tools
- Relevant Microsoft certifications would be advantageous
- ITIL Certification preferred
If you think you have the right skills, please send your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com