JOB TITLE: Service Delivery Manager
DEPARTMENT: Customer Service
REPORTING TO: Head of Service Delivery Management
LOCATION: UCLH (London)
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is a member of the Maintel Support Services team that works under the direction of the Service Delivery Team Manager to ensure outstanding service is provided to a defined list of Maintel customers.
The SDM will responsible for service satisfaction and the commercial success for all services delivered to UCLH as per the our contractual managed service. The SDM must represent the “voice of the customer” back into the Maintel business and therefore at all times understand the customer view of all services provided by Maintel and adopt a 360 degree approach.
The position requires a broad understanding of information technology capabilities, good customer focus, good organizational skills, ability to project manage, a good understanding of IT Service Delivery Management (SDM) principles, and the ability to lead and direct multidisciplinary teams to design and implement robust IT services for Maintel's key customer, UCLH.
The role is a customer facing role and as such the SDM is required to be onsite 5 days a week ensuring that Maintel continues to deliver on its contractual obligations but also overseeing and supervising the onsite service desk provided by Maintel.
- To ensure all incoming calls are answered within 3 rings
- Day to day reactive customer service
- Processing new mobile connections/ renewals for the Sales team
- Handling all admin for the above
- Handling ad hoc service requests for customers - i.e. PAC requests
- Processing device exchanges via O2 and Vodafone
- Processing general customer service requests - i.e. sim swaps, bolt on changes, tariff changes etc
- Raising and monitoring network faults
- Ensure stock inventory is managed and maintained accurately.
- Order logging – logging all sales orders
- Manage the customer journey from paperwork to activation
- Hardware Ordering as needed
- Raising and resolving customer billing queries
Support Services Operations – 20%
- Ensure that the Maintel managerial & technical escalation process is in operation.
- Ensure contractual service obligations are met through effective SLA management.
- Ensure new contractual obligations through sales & project activities are transitioned into support Services.
- Ensure contractual obligations are captured & maintained on Support Services systems.
- Ensure that Maintel standard performance reports are provided to the customer.
Commercial Management – 10%
- Work closely with the sales account management teams to achieve contract renewal and maximise growth whilst ensuring Support Services revenue capture.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure service delivery costs are minimised & chargeable work capture.
- Work closely with the credit control team to ensure outstanding debt is paid to agreed business terms.
Client Relationship Management – 70%
- Ensure that a Continual Service Improvement Plan is in operation where required. (CSIP).
- Ensure an understanding of the customers business strategy exists to ensure our services are supporting the achievement of their goals
- Ensure operational & peer-to-peer relationships exist.
- Ensure that regular account reviews are held with the customer.
- Develop relationships with allocated customers
- Identifies customer needs and ensures that the service provider is able to meet these needs with an appropriate catalogue of services
- Ensures that customer expectations do not exceed what Maintel are able to provide, within the boundaries of the service, and that the service provider is able to meet the customer’s expectations before agreeing to deliver the service
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction, indicating that the service provider is meeting the customer’s requirements
- Establishes and maintains a constructive relationship between the service provider and the customer based on understanding the customer and their business drivers
- Identifies changes to the customer environment that could potentially impact the type, level or utilization of services provided
- Identifies technology trends that could potentially impact the type, level or utilization of services provided
- Establishes and articulates business requirements for new services or changes to existing services
- Ensures that the service provider is meeting the business needs of the customer
- Mediates in cases where there are conflicting requirements for services from different business units.
- Manage achievement of customer SLA’s: consistently achieve.
- P & L targets achieved for support spend.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through Service Management. Customer satisfaction rating of 4 achieved
- Customer renews support services business.
- Customer extends range of support services business
- Customer will act as a reference
- Identifying weaknesses in policies and procedures and proactively implement improvements
- Provide monthly performance report on time and in line with Customer expectation.
- Deliver Service Excellence
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- ITIL Foundation accreditation / ISEB qualification
- Commercial and contract management qualification
- A foundation technical qualification in any of the following – Cisco, Avaya, Mitel, Microsoft or Citrix.
Skills and Aptitudes
- A strong customer focus; strong organisational skills, project management and conceptual service delivery/support skills.
- Demonstrate insight, tact, and political acumen and diplomacy skills sufficient to foster effective relationships. Be able to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside any given project
- The ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- As a co-ordinator provide direction to staff members in meeting established schedules or service delivery related problems.
- Be able to demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Is able to communicate fluently both orally and in writing and can present complex technical information.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Advises, mentors, designs, establishes, evaluates, facilitates, influences, and promotes.
- Is customer oriented eager to learn, dynamic, motivated, flexible and service-minded professional.
- Experience leading and working effectively in an environment with rapidly shifting and often contradictory priorities.
- Research and analytical skills sufficient to analyse problems in a multi-faceted way to develop and participate in implementing innovative solutions.
- Understand and display a sound awareness of the commercial contract and financial structure of the profit and loss aspects of each contracted customer.
- Realise and feedback revenue generating opportunities into the appropriate Account Manager.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships, offering constant support to the Service Delivery and Service Support Team.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a customer facing role or similar role.
- A basic understanding of Quality Management and Service Delivery Management principles and process.
- A good working knowledge of IPT and ICT