JOB TITLE: Senior Software Developer
DEPARTMENT: Callmedia development
Job Purpose Statement:
To join a team of software developers working in an Agile environment to develop leading edge contact centre software.
The main product, Callmedia, is a multimedia blended contact centre product written using a range of technologies including C++, SQL, TSAPI, JTAPI, SIP and VoIP.
Areas of development may include Agent Desktop applications, Supervisor applications, solutions for voice, email, SMS, webchat, social media and Skype For Business.
Callmedia has a substantial customer base with new requirements constantly emerging requiring new product development.
Based on the overall account allocation for the relevant Enterprise team, you will be accountable for the following:
Callmedia SCRUM Team
- Daily Stand Up Meetings, Sprint Planning, Reviews and retrospective meetings
- Tim Cottee will be the manager for this role.
Other members of the development, PS and support teams
- Ad-Hoc meetings with to discuss technical product issues in new product development and relating to customer support issues.
- Occasional direct customer contact when closely involved with projects.
- Consuming customer feedback about product feature requests and suggestions.
Other external contacts
- Development partners may include Microsoft, AVAYA, Mitel, Cisco, Aculab, Sytel
The delivery and maintenance of the software components for the Callmedia suite. This is to include:
- Implementation of new features to Callmedia product range
- Maintenance of existing code
- Design and implementation of new software in line with the development plan.
- Delivery of high-quality code
- Testing of own and other colleagues code to ensure that the Callmedia solution is reliable.
- Ensuring compatibility of new and maintained code to the Callmedia API.
- Management of documentation including, but not limited to:
- Pre-installation requirements
- Product Configuration
- Trouble-shooting and problem determination
- Ensuring effective handover of product to QA team, Support, Professional Services.
- Provide 3rd Line Support on the products
- Attend Agile/SCRUM meetings
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Experience of developing Windows applications and DLLs using C++, ideally Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Communication Skills to enable effective teamwork
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of other languages such as C++, SQL, TSAPI, JTAPI, SIP and VoIP would also be useful.
Job knowledge :
- Knowledge of development technologies, languages and methodologies.
- Knowledge of internal development processes.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, techniques and tools
- Working knowledge of one or more CTI protocols or APIs would be a considerable advantage
- Knowledge of Call Centre and Telecoms industry technologies would be an advantage
At least 5 years’ experience of commercial software development, preferably in a time-critical environment.
Degree or equivalent in computer science or a related discipline combined with several years of commercial software development experience.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.