JOB TITLE: Mitel Professional Services Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Professional Services
CATION: Homebased (This role is flexible, but requires regular travel to customer sites and Maintel Offices)
Job Purpose Statement:
To provide the lead technical role in the configuration and installation of Mitel UC, CC and applications based on premise, hosted, and cloud based solutions, to a wide range of customers within Maintel’s area of coverage.
In addition to a high level of manufacturer accreditations and technology skills and experience, aptitudes required for the role include: Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, professional appearance and mannerisms, self-motivation and discipline, confidence, flexibility, excellent customer handling skills, conscientious, ability to present and discuss technical details in customer and internal meetings, pro-active, and focussed on achieving excellent service delivery levels and customer satisfaction.
The professional services engineer teams provide the technical delivery of complex voice and network solutions to global and national enterprise, corporate, and public sector clients. Technical delivery includes the low level design, configuration, deployment, and migration of the solution to meet the customer requirements, working closely with the Project Manager.
The Professional Services teams are divided primarily by technology area including Mitel voice solutions, Avaya voice solutions, and network and security solutions.
The project delivery cycle starts with a high level design and project scope provided by the pre-sales team. Through customer meetings and internal planning sessions, this is translated into a low level design and supporting configuration documentation. This continues to configuration, deployment, and testing of the solution, and concludes with handover of the completed solution to the support function to initiate the ongoing managed service contract.
- Provide expert deployment of complex implementation and migration projects, employing the latest technologies, ensuring they are fully commissioned, tested, documented, on time, and to budget.
- Review and understand the high level design document and scope of work, and translate into a low level design document with corresponding configuration and testing documentation to meet the customer requirements.
- Consider the support requirements of all deployments, and work closely with the support team to design, implement, and document the solution in accordance with the support team guidelines.
- Maintain a level of expert knowledge, skills and manufacturer accreditation in line with the business and supplier requirements.
- Provide excellent service delivery to all customers, both internal and external.
- Assess and advise on the impact of any technical changes requested by the customer.
- Ensure that Maintel complies with the customer’s Information System policies in the delivery of services.
- Perform all configuration to the manufacturer and Maintel best practice guidelines.
- Work within all Health and Safety and working practice guidelines as updated from time to time, ensuring a safe working environment at all times.
- Work closely with the Project Manager during the life of a project, to provide technical expertise in the planning and method of deployment.
- Flexibility in working times, with a requirement to complete project work on occasion outside of normal working hours to support the customer requirements – work completed outside of contracted working hours is payable as overtime.
- Flexibility in location of work dependant on the customer and business needs – this will include a need to travel on occasion both within mainland UK and overseas – all travel costs will be covered by Maintel.
- On occasion, when working a considerable distance from the home location, there will be a requirement to stay away from home – all accommodation costs will be covered by Maintel.
- Be part of a weekly standby rota paid as an on-call allowance, with overtime payable for any work completed outside of normal working hours. The standby regularity is dependent on the team size, but is typically between 1 in 4 weeks and 1 in 8 weeks.
- All work to be completed to the highest standards of quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Where required, provide either desk based support cover or onsite support cover to customers in accordance with the support teams processes and guidelines.
- Technical delivery of project scope in conjunction with project management, and in line with the high level design and customer requirements
- Interpretation of the High Level Design and Scope of Works, and translation into an efficient deployment plan and methodology
- Technical delivery of project tasks to meet challenging deadlines
- Completion of technical documentation specific to the design, deployment, and support of the solution Maintaining technical skills and accreditations
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Time management
- Working to deadlines
- Working under pressure
- Risk management
- High quality workmanship and attention to detail
- Product specific knowledge of MiVoice Business and Mitel 3300
- Product specific knowledge of MiCollab
- Product specific knowledge of MiCC
- Technology knowledge of SIP
- Technology knowledge of Virtualisation
- Basic knowledge of LAN technologies
- Appropriate qualifications – minimum MCA on one or more Mitel technologies – preferred MCP
- 3 to 5 years product and communications technology experience – specifically with the Mitel MiVoice Business and 3300 product and application range
- Experience of both project delivery and support of complex communications solutions
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.