JOB TITLE: Head of Information Systems
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems
REPORTING TO: Group Integration and Transition Director
LOCATION: Weybridge or Blackfriars Road, London. Possibility of occasionally home working depending on location.
Summary of Role:
The Head of Information Systems is responsible for the development, execution, maintenance and lifecycle management of all internal Maintel information systems (IS).
The role will also include performing the duties required by a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO),
To ensure that systems are aligned with business objectives to support Maintel’s delivery of services to its customers and the operation of its business.
Responsibility for managing risks relating to information security, physical security, business continuity planning, crisis management, privacy, and compliance.
The role must build resilience, governance, management, best practice and process control to all information systems, and be responsible for maintaining appropriate compliance frameworks (including PCI DSS, GDPR and ISO).
The incumbent must also be engaged in implementing solutions and technologies to deliver value and competitive advantage to Maintel.
Scope of the Role:
- Ownership of all internal Maintel information systems and security, including but not limited to; applications, infrastructure, development and IT operations.
- The Head of IS and his/her team will be accountable for internal customer satisfaction, service level agreements, technical development, support and advancement of Maintel’s information systems infrastructure.
- They must ensure that the existing environment is consistent, accessible, secure, reliable and cost effective.
- Work across the business to understand the business strategies and how these can be enabled and/or improved by IS.
- Aggregate all IS demand across the company to establish an IS strategy that supports Maintel’s AIM status, driving synergies, leveraging appropriate assets, reducing corporate risk and increasing compliance.
- Chair a committee that brings together key security and risk stakeholders to develop and review enterprise security and risk strategies.
- Monitor regulatory compliance with enterprise security policies and educates business unit leaders and service managers on compliance efforts.
- Develop and maintain IS roadmaps and work with business stakeholders to develop projects and programmes to realise IS plans.
- Lead engagement activities with senior stakeholders to develop compelling and profitable solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Accountable for the provision of all critical infrastructure solutions across the company, covering networks, storage, database services, servers and platforms. This domain spans all aspects of infrastructure provisioning from solution design and new capability implementation, through to continuous service improvement and operational support.
- Set usage and security policies for information sharing on internal and external platforms
- Lead IS planning and integration activities related to any acquisitions and mergers.
- Ensure solutions developed or implemented across the business are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles.
- Additionally leverage appropriate solutions and services, and meet cost and benefit targets.
- Ensure customers receive the appropriate service, equipment and support to carry out their roles with the appropriate IS procedures and processes in place.
- Drive change and co-ordinate appropriate IS change control board processes and working groups.
- Work with external partners and suppliers to ensure Maintel is at the forefront of relevant technologies and receiving the best service available.
- Manage all licence and renewal requirements to ensure compliance.
- Ensure appropriate management and communication to key stakeholders during Major Service Outages and planned maintenance.
- Provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration from definition phase through implementation
- Ownership and leadership of the Maintel IS business continuity planning team making recommendations on services and systems, ensuring correct strategy and process is in place to manage disaster recovery and business continuity requirements
- Ensure teams are driven, developed and knowledgeable on all applicable technologies.
Mandatory Key Skills and Experience:
- High level of personal motivation and drive.
- Strong leadership and relationship management experience.
- Excellent understanding and experience of delivering IS strategy, business technology and IS management standards including ITIL, PRINCE and LEAN principles
- Knowledge and understanding of international regulatory compliance and frameworks including, but not limited to, ISO, PCI DSS, SOX and Data Protection.
- Experience of managing multi-million pound IT budgets.
- Good communicator, able to direct and motivate a dispersed team.
- Role model in technical excellence, working as a trusted advisor for the business.
- Ability to create and articulate IT strategy and vision.
- Commercially astute with ability to balance strategic long term focus with day-to-day delivery.
- Flexible, confident and credible.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar roles.
To apply, please send your CV to Careers@Maintel.co.uk.