JOB TITLE: Finance Business Partner
REPORTS TO: Head of Decision Support
Job Purpose Statement:
To work closely with management to drive and improve business performance, through providing constructive tension into decisions, delivering financial and commercial support, and giving insight in the business performance. You are effectively the FD for the area of the business you support, you are therefore responsible for performance management, ensuring resource allocation is correct through business cases and being the go to person for financial queries.
This is a new role and the appointed candidate should work with key stakeholders in the business to shape and set direction in line with the organisations goals whilst keeping in line with the finance structure and goals.
- Report to Head of Decision Support
- Peers – Finance Business Partners
- To be the finance support for an area of the business ( e.g. Operations, Product, Sales Team) covering all financial areas e.g. revenue, COS, Opex, Capex
- Interface and influence of key managers (mainly first reports to Ops Board) through the provision of insightful and challenging data.
- Drive business decisions that demonstrably improve NPV’s , margins, cash flows and mitigate risk
- Ensure corporate governance is followed through business cases for all relevant areas e.g. sales bids, capex requirements, and supplier renegotiations.
- Proactively performance manage, challenge and influence senior management to maximise business performance
- Hold monthly review meetings to assess performance with the supported managers e.g. performance against budget, sales pipeline review.
- Be involved where appropriate in customer/ supplier negotiations and relationships
- Effective management of the commercial aspects of any bid or tender
- Ensure that interlock is achieved between Sales and operations in respect of resourcing
- Understand, develop and present insightful KPI’s for the areas of responsibility e.g. no. of calls per person for Call Centre Staff in the NOC/ E Kilbride
- Standardise reports and minimise ad hoc reporting
- Development and Preparation of the relevant parts (e.g. COE) monthly board pack to ensure it is insightful and addresses the key business matters.
- Based on an inquisitive mind-set analyse business performance and ask the “what if “questions e.g. should we continue with a product, are sales resources appropriately distributed etc. etc.
- Provide analysis on customer profitability
- Review organisational structure and effectiveness
- Review and understand the sales pipeline, to ensure it is accurate, and identify themes e.g. win rates, reasons for losses etc.
- Prepare the financial forecast for the area, with the forecast being based on the standard Azzurri forecasting tool.
- Provide input to WD7 review through a thorough understanding of the performance of the area e.g. pipeline, sales and delivery lead cycles etc.
- Provide monthly forecast refreshes
- Identify areas for process and systems improvement
- Assist in preparation of Azzurri’s business plan
- This is a complex role in respect of personal relationships and being the finance support for an areas, whilst ensuring appropriate governance and control is in place. It therefore requires a person who has strong interpersonal skills, but also has the ability to hold their ground when under pressure.
- Meeting SLA’s in terms of bid / contract delivery
- Being recognised as a valued and trusted source of support for the business.
- Creating a working environment that recognises the value of personal development.
- Prepare and present business and performance reviews and updates to Leadership team
- Sales Management
- Budget Holders
- Sales teams / Finance / Bid management / HR / Legal / Peers
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven track record with significant commercial and finance experience
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA)
- Track record in driving business performance
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent influencing skills
- Good understanding of the telecoms market and competitors/suppliers
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.