JOB TITLE: Enterprise Customer Director
REPORTS TO: Enterprise Sales Director
Job Purpose Statement:
Lead and manage a team of Enterprise sales people selling our portfolio of products into existing customers. The role is expected to be an active contributor in the sales management team, and will be accountable for revenue and gross margin targets achieved by the team as well as KPIs related to key operational activities.
The role offers an opportunity to the right candidate for significant over achievement and growth. The sales team is established and has been successful in selling the Maintel portfolio to Enterprise level businesses.
Key responsibilities & Measures of Success
- Manage and organise the time of your sales team, and other company resources at your disposal to gain the maximum return on investment. Effective deployment of effort by the company’s resources.
- Ensure that all sales people are productively busy in the generation and closing of orders for the company’s products and services.
Pipeline size and momentum
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of sufficient size to consistently achieve sales targets. Ensure that the pipeline is tracked accurately, actively managed and continuous momentum achieved.
Achieving order targets
- Achieve targets consistently, with forward planning of marketing, lead generation and pipeline building campaigns and activity.
Achieving profitability targets
- Ensure that margin and profitability targets are met.
Adherence to process
- Comply with company policies and guidelines, and contribute to continuous process improvement.
- The team has seven sales people based country wide and will have a target of circa £15m.
The individual will be a key member of the Sales Management team, and is expected to contribute with ideas for strategies and tactics that can improve the overall business as well as their own area.
There is expected to be cross-selling across the sales teams, and therefore this role will require a collaborative approach to ensure that the whole sales team operates for the benefit of the group business. Supporting resources will be drawn from across the company, therefore the ability to operate cooperatively across departments is essential.
A structured and methodical approach to selling is essential, with exposure to solution selling being beneficial.
Deal values range from a few thousand pounds to six-figures. All are valuable to the company, but the philosophy is profitable growth rather than pure top line revenue. Understanding profitability and how to use vendor incentives and offers effectively is therefore essential.
Role-specific Skill & Experience Expectations
- Minimum of 10 years’ sales experience in business to business direct sales.
- Exposure to indirect sales is beneficial.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of managing existing customer bases.
- Ideally five years’ sales management experience.
- Proven ability to motivate sales people and maintain high work rates and ethics.
- Leads by example; able to operate as a sales person for strategic deals.
- Minimum of 5 years in the voice, data or mobile communications markets.
- Must have worked in a systems integrator or service-provider.
General Skill & Experience Expectations
- Able to conceive new concepts and develop product offerings to add value or increase revenues.
- Ability to understand complex billing and revenue models and articulate these to prospective customers.
- Must be good with numbers.
- Understands how to demonstrate Return on Investment and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Able to lead and motivate a team.
- A good decision-maker, logical and rational, and thinking through problems.
- A good tactician, but able to maintain conformance to a long-term strategy.
- Telecoms industry reseller or systems integrator experience essential.
- Knowledge of MS-Office tools essential.
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- High personal standards of doing business and the discipline to ensure that those for whom they are responsible do likewise.
- Systematic, thorough, organised and an organiser.
- Infectiously enthusiastic.
- Persistent and determined, and results-driven.
- Commercially savvy with an eye for a deal.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.com.uk.