JOB TITLE: Desk Based Service Delivery Manager
DEPARTMENT: Customer Services
Job Purpose Statement:
The Desk Based Service Delivery Manager (DBSDM) is a member of the Maintel Support Services team that works under the direction of the Head of Service Delivery Management to ensure outstanding service is provided to an allocated number of Maintel customers. The role is a desk based role managing a portfolio of customers whereby Maintel have a contractual commitment to provide foundation DBSDM services. The activities performed are driven by our contractual governance but typically include collating monthly/quarterly standard SLM reports, major incident escalation management where required and chairing monthly/quarterly service review meetings. There may be the occasional requirement to support the Field SDM’s as and when required.
The DBSDM must represent the “voice of the customer” back into the Maintel business and therefore at all times understand the customer view of all services provided by Maintel and adopt a 360 degree approach.
The position requires a broad understanding of information technology capabilities, good customer focus, good organizational skills, ability to project manage, a good understanding of IT Service Delivery Management (SDM) principles, and the ability to lead and direct multidisciplinary teams to design and implement robust IT services for key Maintel customers.
Client Relationship Management
- Ensure that a Continual Service Improvement Plan is in operation where required. (CSIP)
- Ensure an understanding of the customers business strategy exists to ensure our services are supporting the achievement of their goals
- Ensure operational & peer-to-peer relationships exist
- Ensure that regular service reviews are held with the customer
- Develop relationships with allocated customers
- Identify customer needs and ensure that the service provider is able to meet these needs with an appropriate catalogue of services
- Ensure that customer expectations do not exceed what Maintel are able to provide, within the boundaries of the service, and that the service provider is able to meet the customer’s expectations before agreeing to deliver the service
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, indicating that the service provider is meeting the customer’s requirements
- Establish and maintain a constructive relationship between the service provider and the customer based on understanding the customer and their business drivers
- Identify changes to the customer environment that could potentially impact the type, level or utilization of services provided
- Identify technology trends that could potentially impact the type, level or utilization of services provided
- Establish and articulate business requirements for new services or changes to existing services
- Mediate in cases where there are conflicting requirements for services from different business units.
- Ensure that the Maintel managerial & technical escalation process is in operation.
- Ensure contractual service obligations are met through effective SLA management.
- Ensure new contractual obligations through sales & project activities are transitioned into support Services.
- Ensure contractual obligations are captured & maintained on Support Services systems.
- Ensure that Maintel standard performance reports are provided to the customer
- Ensure SLA information, customer satisfaction and customer temperature is reported internally on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as required
- Work closely with the sales account management teams to achieve contract renewal and maximise growth whilst ensuring Support Services revenue capture.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure service delivery costs are minimised & chargeable work capture.
- Work closely with the credit control team to ensure outstanding debt is paid to agreed business terms.
- Account Support: profit, growth and retention
- P&L – Basic understanding
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Skills and Aptitudes
- A strong customer focus; strong organisational skills, project management and conceptual service delivery/support skills.
- Demonstrate insight, tact, and political acumen and diplomacy skills sufficient to foster effective relationships. Be able to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside any given project
- The ability to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- As a co-ordinator provide direction to staff members in meeting established schedules or service delivery related problems.
- Be able to demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Is able to communicate fluently both orally and in writing and can present complex technical information.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information and apply it effectively.
- Advises, mentors, designs, establishes, evaluates, facilitates, influences, and promotes.
- Understand and display a sound awareness of the commercial contract and financial structure of the profit and loss aspects of each contracted customer.
- Realise and feedback revenue generating opportunities into the appropriate Account Manager.
- Establish and maintain sound working relationships, offering constant support to the Service Delivery and Service Support Teams.
- Experience of working on a busy IT/Comms Service Desk
- An understanding of ITIL would be desirable
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.