JOB TITLE: Contract Renewal Quotation Manager
DEPARTMENT: Contract Management
Job Purpose Statement:
- This role will be responsible for the management of a team of desk based Contract Renewal Quotation and Third Party Co-Ordinators/Executives.
- Focussing on the delivery of on time renewal quotations for our external Sales Management Team as well as obtaining, validating and managing third party and vendor renewal costs.
- Ensuring appropriate processes are in place and in line with Maintel’s operating procedures to guarantee working efficiency, standardisation in working practice, highly motivated team members, high quality service/output, and cost control.
- Accountable for cost, revenue and margin control and validation for our recurring revenue customer base.
- Producing MI in line with team and business requirements
- Generate Renewal quotation 60 days in advance of renewal date
- Liaise with the Third Party and/or Vendor Partners to establish best price
- Overall review and validation of renewal costs and sell against previous year
- Guarantee business margins are upheld to avoid margin erosion
- Create good working relationships with Third Parties and Vendors
- Consistent use of documentation
- Consistent use of tools i.e.: Kingfisher, SharePoint and Salesforce
- To lead & motivate the Contract Renewal Quotation and Third Party Team
- Engagement of the team to ensure quality objectives are met consistently
- Timely management of team issues
- Effective performance management - To regularly monitor and assess the service provided by your team, taking action quickly to rectify any drop in performance.
- Effective use of the Communications Plan
- Play an active role in the Management team of the overall Contract Management function
- Recommendations for Training and Development
- To provide a safe working environment at all times and ensure that Group Health & Safety guidelines are consistently adhered to.
- Ensure process adoption in each of the teams prime areas of responsibility
- Ensure an end to end process – benefiting all touch points
- To obtain Third Party Renewal quotations 90 days in advance of the anniversary date
- To negotiate 3rd party costs to maximise profitability
- To minimise 3rd party spend where possible, aligning suppliers and service renewals where possible
- To analyse 3rd party cost to identify reasons for change, review against contract and highlight/implement preventative measures to minimise margin erosion where possible
- To ensure all 3rd party renewals are actioned prior to renewal
- To recognise contract up lift opportunities and enforce when appropriate
- To manage EOL notifications with the relevant departments within the business
- To manage close working relationship with Vendor and Third Parties ensuring business needs are met and cost saving opportunities are recognised
- Ensure the generation of Contract Renewal Quotations 60 days in advance of renewal date
- Ensure the overall review and validation of renewal costs and sell against previous year
- Guarantee business margins are upheld to avoid margin erosion
- Guarantee team process standardisation, cross skilling to avoid single points of failure within the team and process development where appropriate
- Review team tools such as templates, systems i.e. Salesforce to ensure these enable team efficiency in working practice and are relevant to current business needs
- Management of customer experience (Internal Customers/Colleagues)
- Management of the responses back to all internal and external 3rd party suppliers
- Timely intervention & ownership in any escalated queries/requests
- To ensure close working relations with Sales, Finance and Operational teams
- Identification & involvement in the internal continual service improvement plan
- To be aware of new service, ensuring operational readiness and appropriate processes are in place to support
- To monitor the effectiveness of team requests via Salesforce dashboard and associated reports to ensure target responses are met
- Recommendations for revenue generation or cost saving opportunities
- To ensure that the data held in these systems relating to Contract Renewals is accurate and up to date at all times
- To feed in the SRM process with suppliers by providing key operational performance feedback
Leading a team of motivated and effective executives/co-ordinator to ensure a high quality of service and process.
To ensure a process is in place for the accurate visibility and reporting of RLEC and margin erosion.
- Minimise margin erosion
- MI visibility to enable business decision and awareness
- Team member development
- Flexible approach to quickly changing priorities.
- Incomplete data internal and external (Ability to investigate and collate, in order to correct)
- Incorrect Costs from Third Parties and Vendors (ability to challenge and negotiate)
- Recognise weaknesses in policies and procedures and assist with implementation of improvements.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- ISO accreditation awareness and understanding ensuring achievement by team
- Excellent management, administration and organisational skills
- Thorough knowledge and experience of team management
- Good understanding of Profit margin calculations
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Previous use of Salesforce would be an advantage but not essential
- Previous knowledge within Telecoms Industry would be beneficial but not essential
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to work under own initiative but also as part of a wider management team as well as building strong working relationships
- Ability to think outside the box, challenge the norm and identify areas of improvement and/or development to optimise team effectiveness and output
- Flexible and reliable approach and attitude to work
- Ability to encourage and motivate those around you; lead by example
- Self-motivated, responsible and accountable
- Demonstrate effective and timely decision making
- Demonstrate a courteous professional manner and strong communication skills at all times to both internal and external customers and suppliers
- Show the ability to adapt to changes in workload, content and work confidently in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise workload based upon importance to the business and correctly identify business critical issues
- Be accountable and take ownership for escalations presented to you/team, work to resolve efficiently as well as encourage a long term fix/resolve where appropriate (prevent sticky plaster fixes)
- Previous experience in leading a highly motivated and driven team
- Experience in identifying improvement needs and opportunities and driving these through to launch/conclusion
- Able to produce and analyse financial output – cost sheet, margin calculations
- Experience in team management, development of team members, ability to identify and manage under performers to bring them up to the required levels of output as well as identifying ‘rising stars’ and encouraging there development.
- Experience in setting and monitoring team members KPI’s, ensuring a structured communication plan is established and met.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.