JOB TITLE: 3rd Line Software Support Engineer
FUNCTION: Product and innovations
Job Purpose Statement:
To staff the software support desk responding to support tickets and providing a professional and timely response to customers, maintaining customer records, contact history and management reports. To also engage in improvements projects to raise the quality and breadth of support services to customers.
- To maintain contractual service levels for all customer support calls achieving at least 95% of calls responded to within Service Level Agreement
- Maintain records of all Callmedia sites that are covered by support agreements and manage any issues that have a negative impact on the support activity to resolution
- Engage in improvement projects to develop better quality service, improve efficiency and expand service offerings
- To maintain a high-level of technical knowledge about the Callmedia products and the environments in which they run
- To maintain a high-level of knowledge on all supported customers and their environments
- To ensure there is an effective communication process with customers and other stakeholders within the business relating to any reported faults
- To provide feedback to management and other Callmedia staff on support issues providing recommendations for improvements where appropriate
This role has no financial responsibility
This role has no employee responsibility
Customer base of approximately 100+ sites generating around £1.2k/annum support revenue
Working relationship with:
- Daily contact relating to any exceptional customer situations
- Weekly contact to provide general updates and highlight support issues
- Monthly contact to summarise performance against service levels
- 6 monthly to review individual performance
Other Company employees
- Callmedia Development: As required to discuss technical and support related issues
Operations: As required to communicate progress on customer faults
Reseller Support teams: As required to communicate progress on customer faults
IT: As required to maintain IT systems
HR: As required to discuss employment issues
Customers and Resellers
- Regular telephone and email contact to discuss reported faults, upgrades and improvements
- On-site support as required to analyse problems and remedy faults
Other external contacts
- Partners: As required to discuss customer faults and obtain assistance to achieve resolution
Specific Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree\Industry certification in software or computer related subject.
Skills and Aptitudes:
- Problem analysis and solving abilities
- Good customer facing skills to manage customer expectations and issues
- Excellent communication skill with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external customers at all levels
- Experience of applying processes and procedures
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, pressurised environment
- Experience of working within a quality environment
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail ( Can plan and meet own timescales)
- Competent skills in general IT, Microsoft Products, Windows Server 2008 - 2012, VMware, SQL, IIS, Windows 7 & Linux
- Knowledge of software development life cycle is essential as is ITIL experience\certification.
- Database and/or SQL Server / Cluster certification\experience advantageous.
- Use of remote tools such as Citrix GoTo, Cisco VPN, Juniper, TeamViewer, Checkpoint etc.
- Contact Centre knowledge\ experience and Data Centre understanding advantageous
- 2-3 years in a software support role providing bespoke application support remotely.
To apply, please send your CV to HRTeam@Maintel.co.uk.